Sheet Metal Foreman
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Successfully mastered all of the general job requirements for the Sheet Metal Apprentice position.
- “Journeyman” card or the equivalent experience.
- Must be able to perform work from ladders, mechanical lifts, and in confined spaces.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Good common sense.
- Good work ethic and the desire to advance professionally and personally.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to maintain a positive, willing, and trainable attitude.
- Have the ability to get along with and work well with people on all levels.
- Work flexible hours depending on project requirements. Normal job site hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm.
- Must have or purchase all of the tools listed on the required “Journeyman” Tool List and be willing to purchase additional tools as skills advance.
- Demonstrate a willingness to continue education through available company and industry training.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Skills, knowledge, and craftsmanship to complete most or all types of commercial or residential projects including new construction, tenant finish, and remodel in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Willing to share and impart industry knowledge to apprentices working underneath them.
- Produce quality workmanship while completing projects on time and on budget.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications accurately.
- Good working knowledge of system layout and duct design.
- Good product knowledge and application skills.
Read and interpret product installation, engineering, and owner’s manuals prior to equipment installation.
Demonstrates the ability per blueprints to layout, set/mount equipment, rough-in and trim duct systems, “B”-type venting, PVC venting, condensate piping, low voltage and control wiring for rooftop equipment, make-up air units, exhaust fans, ERVs, unit heaters, variable air volume terminal units, zoning dampers, dampers, actuators, furnaces, fan coils, heat pumps, and condensers.
- Ability to turn in ductwork make-up to the shop in a timely manner and it is accurate.
- Good time management to stay on task and on schedule.
- Good working knowledge of mechanical code, quality control, safety policy, and company required job costing paperwork.
- Turn in job costing paperwork that is timely, complete, and accurate.
FIELD EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5 years of commercial/residential HVAC experience.